SAG-AFTRA Feature Film
Low Budget Agreement
Producers: Carissa Buffel, Debbie Liebling, Stephanie Laing, Kevin Matusow, Brad Morris, Matt Walsh
Writer: Brad Morris, Matt Walsh
Director: Debra Neil-Fisher
Oklahoma Casting Director: Chris Freihofer
Oklahoma Casting Associate: Jenn Rader
Shoot Date: October, 2020
Shoot Location: Tulsa, OK
Audition Dates: ASAP
Audition Location: Norman, OK and by self tape
Pay: SAG-AFTRA Low Budget Scale: $630/day
Dan and Jeanine are a typical married couple. And, like most of modern society, they are addicted to their digital devices. Even their daughter Elizebeth spends most of her waking hours on her iPad. After attending the funeral of his friend Juan, Dan is awakened to the lack of connection inside his marriage and decides to take Jeanine to a remote mountain town where they can unplug from their technology for the weekend. A digital detox. What starts as a quiet getaway without their phones, soon turns into a self-inflicted paranoia and a fight for survival as everything that can go wrong does. Without their devices, Dan and Jeanine find they have to reconnect to each other and the outside world in order to make it home
BREAKDOWN OF ROLES
[BIG SCARY MAN] (30’s-50’s/Male/All Ethnicities) BSM is enormous and probably a sweetheart but Dan and Jeanine stole his truck and his chicken so he’s not in a good mood…SUPPORTING Approx. 2 days of filming
[CHIEF GOLDEN HAWK] (50’s-70’s/Male/Native American) The chief of the Sovereign Nation of Elk. He was a good friend of Juan’s, who appreciated his kind heart….1 scene, 1 speech
[WHEELCHAIR VETERAN] (All Ages/Male/All Ethnicities) He is forever grateful to Juan, who helped him turn his life around…1 scene, 1 speech
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
Actors must indicate if they are willing to attend auditions in person in Norman, OK with the local casting team, or if they would prefer to submit a self-tape video.
TO SUBMIT FOR THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email a recent headshot and acting resume or experience to the casting office.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– Make the subject heading of your email UNPLUGGING (Name of Role) – (Audition Preference [either self tape or in person]). Example: UNPLUGGING – BIG SCARY MAN – IN PERSON
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN.)
– If you are selected to audition for the project, you will be contacted by email. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the email@example.com email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS