PARKED FOR LOVE
SAG-AFTRA Moderate Low Budget Agreement
Producers: Chris Goodman, Boris Isaac, Christine Conradt
Production Company: Pictureland
Director: Christine Conradt
Written By: Michael Perronne
Local Casting Director: Chris Freihofer, CSA
Local Casting Associate: Jenn Rader
Local Casting Assistant: Tori Hartley
Start Date: October 5, 2020 (3 weeks)
Location: Oklahoma City and State Parks
Audition Dates: ASAP
Audition Location: Norman, OK and by self tape
Pay: Scale ($361/day +10% agent fee)
Roles that take place in a state park will have housing provided. All other roles are local hire.
WE WILL HAVE AUDITIONS IN PERSON AND WILL ACCEPT SELF TAPES. PLEASE INDICATE WHICH ACTORS ARE INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING IN PERSON.
COVID-19 Audition Procedures:
– We will space out audition appointments. Only 3 people (one auditioning, two on deck) will be permitted in our lobby at any given time.
– Temperatures will be taken at the door.
– Masks must be worn by all persons at all times (except when auditioning). Hand sanitizers are provided throughout the facility.
– Check-in will be contactless — a casting assistant, located behind a plexi-glass sneeze guard, will check in all actors on the computer.
– The casting team will be masked and will be behind a sneeze guard.
– The casting room door will be opened and closed for you. There will be no need to touch anything during the audition.
We will accept self tapes from selected individuals who are not comfortable auditioning in person.
NOTE: Not EVERYONE will be asked to self tape. Just like audition selections, only those invited will be able to submit a tape.
Jackie Sinclair, a successful luxury travel writer, decides that she’s overworked, too scattered, and needs some time to unwind. When her best friend, Annette, 30s, convinces her to go ‘glamping’ in a luxury RV she’s rented at a remote state park, the two set out on a girl’s trip that’s supposed to be all about enjoying the solitude without ever really ‘roughing it.’ That’s when the women meet attractive park ranger Sean Davis who loves everything nature-related. When Annette’s sister goes into labor early, Annette has to leave, forcing Jackie to stay at the campground alone for two days to wait for the RV repairman so they can get the RV out of the park. Will Sean be able to convince Jackie that his feelings for her are real or will these two completely compatible opposites miss out on true love?
BREAKDOWN OF ROLES
[ANNETTE RYDER] Female / 30 – 40, any ethnicity. Smart, professional. Jackie’s best friend. Works as a manager of a tapas restaurant. Married. More free-spirited than Jackie. Annette is the one who rents the RV and convinces Jackie to go camping with her. Has to leave early because Annette’s sister goes into labor. [16 scenes. 78 lines.]
[DAISY] Female / 22 – 30, any ethnicity. Park Ranger. petite and spunky. Always positive. Loves nature and people. [21 scenes. 68 lines]
[EVELYN DAVIS] Female / 55 – 65, any ethnicity. Mother of Sean. Retired Park Ranger and environmentalist. A go-getter who taught her son the value of hard work and balance in nature. [10 scenes. 43 lines. 1 speech]
[DAN] Male / 25 – 35. Any ethnicity. Fit, avid hiker. Husband to Cynthia. Their dog loses its dog toy on the trail and Sean and Jackie help them find it. [3 scenes. 12 lines]
[CYNTHIA] Female / 25 – 30. Any Ethnicity. Wife to Dan, fit, avid hiker. Gets help from Sean and Jackie in finding the dog’s lost toy. [2 Scenes. 5 lines]
[BIG LOU] Male / 50 – 60. Any ethnicity. RV repair guy. Rough around the edges. Comes to fix the starter on Jackie’s RV. [5 Scenes. 10 lines]
[JERRY] Male / 40 – 50. Any ethnicity. Paternal, outgoing, father of two pre-teen girls. Is taking a family vacation at the state park. [1 scene. 2 lines]
[HOLDEN] Male / 12 – 14. Any ethnicity. A 13-year-old Junior park ranger. Studious, smart, nature-lover. Finds the answer that resolves Jackie and Sean’s argument. [2 scenes. 3 lines]
[BRUCE SINCLAIR] Male / 60 – 70. Any ethnicity. Father of Jackie. Handy with every tool known to man, Bruce is warm and easy-going.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT FOR THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
If you have a talent agent that covers you in Oklahoma, please
– Email a recent headshot and an acting resume or a listing of your acting experience to the casting office.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– Make the subject heading of your email DDR- (Name of Role). Example: DDR – Jogger
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN.)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email and text. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the email@example.com email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS