The feature film IKE BOYS, which wrapped filming in February of this year, is returning for two days of additional filming next week. Paid extras will be needed for those scenes in Oklahoma City.
IKÉ BOYS is about best friends Shawn Gunderson and Vik Kapoor, who escape from the drudgery of high school life in rural Oklahoma through their obsession with all things Japanese. When a mysterious anime film transforms them into its superhuman characters, they at first think that their wildest fantasies have come true. But after ancient monsters threaten to unleash the apocalypse on New Year’s Eve of 1999, Vik and Shawn must look not to fantasy but to each other to become the heroes they were always meant to be. Joining their adventure is Miki, a Japanese exchange student whose determination to go on a Native American “vision quest” puts her on a collision course with both Vik and Shawn and their foes…and whose destiny may determine the fate of the world.
The film stars Ben Browder (STARGATE SG-1), Quinn Lord (THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE) Ronak Ghandi (2 BROKE GIRLS) and Yumiko Shaku (KAMEN RIDER ZI-O)
IKÉ BOYS is written and directed by Erik McEver.
This featured extra will be paid a guarantee of $64 for up to 8 hours. Anything over 8 hours will incur overtime.
Each person will be required to test for COVID-19 this week at a production office in Moore, OK. Testing is free.
BREAKDOWN OF EXTRAS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10
CULTISTS – Males, athletic, any ethnicity. They will be robed. Filming will be indoors against a green screen. This could possible kick into a 12-hour day (Overtime begins after 8 hours). Covid testing for these persons will be Thursday, October 8.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 12
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS – Males and females, 18-22, to play high school. Must be over 18. Must be able to provide their own school uniform type clothing (khaki pants and navy blue shirts for boys and girls, plaid skirts also an option for girls.) Filming will only take 3 hours or so, but each person will be paid for 8 hours. Filming will be outdoors with plenty of social distancing. These persons must test at the production office this Friday, October 9.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT FOR THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email recent photos to the casting office. One photo should be from the middle of the chest to the top of the head. The other should be a full body shot. Camera photo photos are fine.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
-Make the subject heading of your email IKE- (Name of Role). Example: IKE – High School Students
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN.)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email. Check emails regularly and allow the email@example.com email address in your address book. Our emails often go to your spam filter.
– NO PHONE CALLS