The feature film IKE BOYS has announced its first needs for extras as filming begins in the Oklahoma City area.
The family-friendly film is about best friends Shawn Gunderson and Vik Kapoor, who escape from the drudgery of high school life in rural Oklahoma through their obsession with all things Japanese. When a mysterious anime film transforms them into its superhuman characters, they at first think that their wildest fantasies have come true. But after ancient monsters threaten to unleash the apocalypse on New Year’s Eve of 1999, Vik and Shawn must look not to fantasy but to each other to become the heroes they were always meant to be. Joining their adventure is Miki, a Japanese exchange student whose determination to go on a Native American “vision quest” puts her on a collision course with both Vik and Shawn and their foes…and whose destiny may determine the fate of the world.
The film stars Ben Browder (STARGATE SG-1), Quinn Lord (THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE) Ronak Ghandi (2 BROKE GIRLS) and Yumiko Shaku (KAMEN RIDER ZI-O)
IKE BOYS is written and directed by Erik McEver.
Extras will be paid a guarantee of $64 for up to 8 hours of work. Anything over 8 hours will incur overtime.
BREAKDOWN OF UPCOMING EXTRAS
TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY JANUARY 14-15
PARTY TEENS – Males and females, aged 18-21 to play high school. Any ethnicity. MUST BE OVER 18. Filming will be from around 6:00 pm – midnight. They are teenagers at a house party. Should be available both nights.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19
STUDENTS – Males and females, 18-21 to play high school. Any ethnicity. MUST BE OVER 18. Filming is from around noon until 7:00 pm. They are students at school.
TEACHER – Male or female, 35-60, any ethnicity. A teacher in the classroom.
MONDAY, JANUARY 20
OTHER STUDENTS – Males and females, 18-21 to play high school. Any ethnicity. MUST BE OVER 18. Filming is from around noon until 7:00 pm. They are students at school.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21
GAMBLERS – Males and females, 21-60, very character looks. Real “Oklahoma flavor”, they are at the casino. No indication of call times yet. Must be available all day. All persons must be over 21.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT TO THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email a recent photo to the casting office. (PHOTOS NEED TO SHOW US HOW YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW, AND SHOULD NOT BE EXTREME CLOSEUPS, HAVE SNAPCHAT FILTERS, OR INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE IN THE PHOTO. SMARTPHONE PICS FROM ABOUT THE CHEST UP ARE JUST FINE.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– RESIZE YOUR PHOTO to no more than 200KB. Change the name of your photo to YourName.jpg
– Make the subject heading of your email IKE BOYS – (Name of Role) Example – IKE BOYS – OTHER STUDENTS
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to email@example.com (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email and text. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the firstname.lastname@example.org email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS