Cherokee Nation Business is seeking a full time Soundstage Manager in Owasso, Oklahoma.
Manage a wide variety of tasks required to keep XR studio and soundstage running smoothly. Help grow and shape the direction and culture of the soundstage/studio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Facilitates rentals, contracts and services associated with the XR studio and soundstage.
- Establishes and manages external relationships with vendors, contractors, and outsourcing partners.
- Manages communications regarding any scheduled shoot that might affect building occupants or parking etc.
- Updates and distributes daily production schedules to internal stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks stage power, server and internet needs.
- Participates in Stage and Tech Scouts.
- Works with external productions to decipher stage rental terms and CNB legal to obtain facilities use agreements.
- Oversees invoicing with CNB accounting.
- Manages studio events, including demonstrations, professional development, and public facing events such as educational workshops, etc.
- Manages operations, makes sure the office is well stocked and managed by appropriate vendors.
- Manages security protocols; identifies, reports and addresses any safety issues or hazards; responds to emergencies on soundstage.
- Helps manage the growth process both logistically and culturally as we expand the team.
- Oversees and facilitates storage needs and addresses additional storage needs with Director.
- Coordinates Stage Power with production’s electric and rigging representative.
- Provides general office support regarding stages and productions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5 years of experience in Film and Television or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience in film and tv production terminology supporting various departments (i.e., construction, location, rigging grip, rigging electric, set dec., costumes, hair & make-up, SPFX, casting, production office, stunts, etc.)
- Ability to seek out solutions and learn new things when faced with challenges.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, prioritize issues, multitask and adjust to rapid changes in a dynamic production environment.
- Team player with the ability to supervise multiple productions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond after hours in important, timely, or urgent manners.
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Strong knowledge of Stage safety regulations and certifications
- Certification in OSHA Aerial Boom, Scissor, Rough Terrain, and Warehouse Forklifts, DEEP Hazmat, FSO training, Incipient firefighting techniques and fire extinguisher selection and use, HAZWOPER, are a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, G-Drive, MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process, equipment and studios.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take risks and think out of the box.
Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting.