- This event has passed.
July 8 - July 14$650 – $1675
The Screenwriting Camp with Professor Michael Wright provides an intensive exploration of the craft of screenwriting along with stimulating group activities and film screenings. Students will create their own short screenplays that will be read for family and friends in a script festival on the last day.
Michael Wright is an Applied Professor of Creative Writing, Theatre and Film at The University of Tulsa where he teaches playwriting, screenwriting and related courses. Recipient of the Milan Stitt Award for Outstanding Contribution to American Theatre from the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., he is the founder of the Fictional Characters writers collective and active in Tulsa with performance work. Wright has conducted courses and workshops around the world, including Australia, Singapore, Hungary, Poland and Sweden. His books include Playwriting in Process and Playwriting Master Class, and most recently Sensory Writing for Stage and Screen. Wright writes and publishes fiction, nonfiction, poetry and performance writing frequently. He is a member of the board of directors for the Circle Cinema in Tulsa, with memberships in the Tulsa Artists’ Coalition Gallery and Living Arts of Tulsa.
Days are spent in a workshop setting, with planned evening activities arranged for recreation and further exploration of film. Participants must stay on campus in a supervised residence hall during the camp; rooms are shared (males and females are housed on separate floors). Each camp has a full-time, qualified student assistant staying with the students in the residence.
- Early-Bird Rate: $750 for screenwriting, $825 for filmmaking, or $1475 for both, before May 15
- Regular Rate: $800 for screenwriting, $875 for filmmaking, or $1575 for both, May 16-June 15
- Late Rate: $850 for screenwriting, $925 for filmmaking, or $1675 for both, June 16-26
- Commuters: $650 for screenwriting, $693 for filmmaking
- A $300 ($600 for students taking both classes) nonrefundable deposit will be required following acceptance into the camps.
- July 8
- July 14
- $650 – $1675
- Event Category:
- University of Tulsa
800 S. Tucker Dr.
Tulsa,OK74104United States+ Google Map
- September 28 | 10:00 am - September 29 | 10:00 am UTC-5
Get your Oklahoma event added!
Don't see your Oklahoma film and/or music event listed? Send the following information to Katie Lovasz, Communications and Music Coordinator, at Katie.Lovasz@TravelOK.com:
- Event Title
- Date and Time of Event
- Venue Name and Address
- Event Phone Number (if applicable)
- Event Website
- Image/Graphic for the Event (if applicable)
Please note: this online events calendar hosts film and music events that take place within the state of Oklahoma.