The weekend? June 24 – 26, 2022
The challenge? To make a film in only 48 hours!
Filmmakers from all over the Oklahoma City, OK area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours.
Write, shoot, and edit a short film over the weekend and see it PREMIERE on the BIG SCREEN!
All Welcome! First-timer to Hobbyists to Amateurs to Professionals!
Wherever you are currently in your filmmaking journey, the 48 Hour Film Project is a valuable next step!
- Make your FIRST film… the first of many!
- Create a film (or another film!) for your reel
- Practice new techniques — in a low-risk setting
- Find new filmmaking partners to work with, beginning on a (very!) short-term basis
- Create work to help show off your skills to find that next job!
The winning film will go up against films from around the world at Filmapalooza 2023 (in Los Angeles!) for a chance at the grand prize and an opportunity to screen at the Cannes Film Festival 2023 Short Film Corner!
Plus, new this year… the top three teams will be eligible for the soon-to-be-announced 48HFP “Yes We Cannes” challenge in December!
Earlybird deadline: June 1, 2022
Regular deadline: June 14, 2022
Late deadline: June 24, 2022
For details and to apply, visit 48hourfilm.com/oklahoma-city-ok.